Welcome! Here you will find all the news on Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, along with a few ones about other stuff I like. Click here for mobile version

Updated Posts (Latest 3)

November 28, 2012

Learning Dutch (and... some days in the Netherlands)

I'm learning Dutch. I've begun studying it in August. Why? I'm planning to transfer to Amsterdam in less than 1 year. Ik wil in Amsterdam wonen! :D Actually, the language is proving to be less hard than expected, so far. Knowing already English (I'm Italian!) helps too, in some cases.

That's what I've used / I'm using:

  • "Dutch in a month" by Learn Like Kids: first-approach-app I bought on my Android tablet. Sometimes it's not 100% accurate but, still, it proved to be very nice introductory material. Check it here;
  • Italian-Dutch dictionary by Zanichelli: self-explanatory (click);
  • "Grammatica neerlandese di base", basic grammar book by Hoepli (click);
  • "Complete Dutch" book with audio CDs by Teach Yourself (click);
  • Some other stuff I still have to use, like the "Hello Hello" app (click), a Lonely Planet phrasebook (click) and some websites.

I went to the Netherlands for the first time this month. I've been there for 5~ days (not a single regenachtige dag, yay!) and was able to visit Amsterdam, Utrecht, Leiden, Haarlem. They were all amazing. Well, I did not like Utrecht at first (the area near the Central Station), but exploring it revealed its beauty. On my Flickr account, you can have a look at some of the photos I took. I've used my mobile phone, a Nokia X6. Click here! Here's a preview:


No comments:

Post a Comment